VIDES Philippines Volunteers Foundation, Inc. is a duly registered non-government organization with the Securities and Exchange Commission since 2001. It is also licensed to operate by the Department of Social Welfare and Development since 2008.
VIDES stands for Volunteers InternationalforDevelopment, Education, andSolidarity, thus, its programs include the following:
1. Volunteerism – promoting volunteerism among the youth, especially college students and young professionals in search of life’s meaning and purpose
2. International – we accommodate international volunteers to do volunteer work with us and we also send our local volunteers abroad to do volunteer work
3. Development – our projects include rural livelihood projects such as hog raising and goat raising; our urban livelihood projects consist of the microcredit project and the sewing machine project for mothers.
4. Education – we have scholarship grants in support of food and transportation allowance of children, we also sponsor tuition fees for selected college students, we offer the Alternative Learning System to out-of-school youth and children in coordination with Don Bosco School – Manila, and we also conduct the mobile education project in 6 areas in the cities of Pasay, Manila, and Quezon City where we hold tutorials in academics, sports, music, and arts.
5. Solidarity – our volunteers assist in times of calamities and natural disasters in whatever small way we can.
1. To protect the rights and provide the well-being of women and children at risk;
2. To enable the children to become Christ-centered, with strong moral and spiritual values carried in them in their interaction with others;
3. To develop and mobilize young professionals as volunteers and advocates thus creating a nurturing environment for others in need of life support services;
4. To establish viable alliance building with similar organizations, networks, groups and individuals supportive to the vision, mission and goals of the Foundation.